[Openvas-discuss] Automatic reload of Scanner after plugins update

Michael Wiegand michael.wiegand at greenbone.net
Mon Aug 16 10:56:17 CEST 2010

Am Montag, 16. August 2010 10:34:53 schrieb Jonas Andradas:
> I would like to propose a feature for OpenVAS. I don't know if this is the
> correct list, or if due to the subject of the feature it would be better to
> use openvas-plugins. Or maybe none of them, and a separate list should be
> used. If so, please tell me where should I address this proposal. If the
> functionality is already in OpenVAS, I apologize. I haven't seen it, but I
> might have missed it.

This feature is indeed on my wish list as well; I think it would be best if
openvassd would take the actions you proposed upon receiving a SIGHUP. There
are code fragments that suggest that this was at least partially implemented
in ancient times, but it is not working now. I agree that this would not be
very hard to implement.

If you are interested in this feature, I'd suggest that you write a change
request (see http://www.openvas.org/openvas-crs.html) outlining your general
idea, ask for comments on openvas-devel and then call for a vote.

If you need help with the change request or have other questions, feel free to
ask.

Regards,

Michael

--
Michael Wiegand |  Greenbone Networks GmbH  |  http://www.greenbone.net/
Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabrück, Germany | AG Osnabrück, HR B 202460