[Openvas-discuss] How to create a new openvas administrator or how to change the openvas administrator password?

Stefano Gargiulo rastrano at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 15:49:06 CEST 2010

  Hi folks,
I installed the openvas VM 1.0.

This is the autogenerated credentials:

> OpenVAS client login (Web and CLI Clients)
> User: openvas
> Pass: culdirestw

But unfortunely the Greenbone Security Assistant deny me access (and
also the openvas cli):

> OpenVAS-Client --list-plugins --batch-mode localhost 9391 openvas
> culdirestw targets.txt results.txt
> Please choose your level of SSL paranoia (Hint: if you want to manage
> many servers from your client, choose 2. Otherwise, choose 1. Or 3,
> if you are paranoid.
> 1
> OpenVAS-Client : Login failed
> Could not connect to openvassd

So i created a new account with

openvas-adduser

now i'm able to access openvas CLI and web client, but i can't use admin
features like feed administration...

> Status message: 	Access refused.
>
> Only users given the Administrator role may access Feed Administration.

So my questions are:

- how to add another administrator?
- and how to change the generated openvas password?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Stefano.