[Openvas-discuss] More output with stdout (or another way to "track" progress")

Matthew Mundell matthew.mundell at greenbone.net
Thu Aug 19 18:30:39 CEST 2010

> Hmm, do you have any resources I could look at for the Manager
> component? I found http://www.openvas.org/openvas-cr-28.html but
> something a bit more concise would be less time-consuming.

The README in the source has a bit of a description.

	http://wald.intevation.org/plugins/scmsvn/viewcvs.php/trunk/openvas-manager/README?rev=8848&root=openvas&view=auto

The Manager is a layer that separates the Scanner from the clients.  It
serves an XML protocol called OMP.  The Manager enables a client to start a
task, close the connection, and then reconnect later to check the progress.

The omp command's --help may help you out too.  The command includes
shortcuts for some common OMP, like

	omp --get-tasks

to get the list of tasks as an ASCII list.