[Openvas-discuss] rsync: read error: Connection reset by peer (104)

Kaushal Shriyan kaushalshriyan at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 08:42:06 CEST 2010

Hi

when i run /usr/sbin/openvas-nvt-sync I get the below error

rsync: read error: Connection reset by peer (104)
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at
io.c(794) [receiver=3.0.3]
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (633126 bytes received so far) [generator]
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at
io.c(635) [generator=3.0.3]
Error: rsync failed. Your NVT collection might be broken now.

I have disabled the firewall too but no luck, I have also rebooted the
server too to nail down the issue
but still it didnot worked

Please suggest

Thanks