[Openvas-discuss] rsync: read error: Connection reset by peer (104)

Kaushal Shriyan kaushalshriyan at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 09:17:54 CEST 2010

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 12:12 PM, Kaushal Shriyan
<kaushalshriyan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> when i run /usr/sbin/openvas-nvt-sync I get the below error
>
> rsync: read error: Connection reset by peer (104)
> rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at
> io.c(794) [receiver=3.0.3]
> rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (633126 bytes received so far) [generator]
> rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at
> io.c(635) [generator=3.0.3]
> Error: rsync failed. Your NVT collection might be broken now.
>
> I have disabled the firewall too but no luck, I have also rebooted the
> server too to nail down the issue
> but still it didnot worked
>
> Please suggest
>
> Thanks
>
> Kaushal

telnet rsync.openvas.org 873
Trying 212.95.107.136...
Connected to doto.intevation.de.
Escape character is '^]'.
@RSYNCD: 26
rsync server - Intevation GmbH, Germany
All transactions are logged. Mail problems to admin at intevation.de.

Please look at /ftp/mirrors.txt for a list of download mirrors.

@ERROR: protocol startup error
Connection closed by foreign host.