[Openvas-discuss] rsync: read error: Connection reset by peer (104)

Vlatko Kosturjak kost at linux.hr
Fri Aug 20 10:13:59 CEST 2010

On 08/20/2010 09:32 AM, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 1:00 PM, Vlatko Kosturjak <kost at linux.hr> wrote:
>> It seems like you have problems with rsync (broken binary or network).
>> Have you tried "openvas-nvt-sync --wget" or "openvas-nvt-sync --curl" ?
> whats the complete feed url if i am using openvas-nvt-sync --wget or
> openvas-nvt-sync --curl ?

URL is written inside of openvas-nvt-sync (if you're using correct
version) and URL of the http feed is following (for the reference):
http://www.openvas.org/openvas-nvt-feed-current.tar.bz2

you can manually download it and extract it to the plugins dir.

> I did ran openvas-nvt-sync --wget it still connects as rsync.

I guess you're using old version of OpenVAS. I think it's worth upgrading.

Kost