[Openvas-discuss] Segfault when starting OpenVAS

Jan-Oliver Wagner Jan-Oliver.Wagner at greenbone.net
Wed Aug 25 10:12:32 CEST 2010

On Dienstag, 24. August 2010, Vivek Umasuthan wrote:
> Has anyone seen this before? Is there anything I can do or should I remove
> OpenVAS and install it again? Has anyone used OpenVAS on Squeeze?

you might want to consider migrating to a newer version of OpenVAS anyway.
Removing all old packages might make sense to avoid any trouble.

However, if you go with the original Debian packages, an upgrade should not
have caused any trouble. Best is to submit a bug report
to the Debian project. On Debian there is a command line tool
"reportbug" you are perhaps familiar with.

Most OpenVAS developers use Debian Lenny, but of course from the source code
repository, not the binary packages.