[Openvas-discuss] OpenVAS detailed Architecture & DB Schema!

Jan Muhammad janmuhd at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 4 20:45:59 CEST 2011

Hello Group,

I have been partially successful in running my instance of openVAS (can run scans on my remote nodes) and view reports in various formats.

Now for my own understanding I wanted to have a thorough reading of openVAS internal architecture and working mechanism with regards to database schema and its client-server communication model. I found this one but not that much detailed (http://greenbone.net/technology/tool_architecture.html). I also tried openvas-compendium, but couldn't find the desired material in it.

Does any one have any web link or related paper which can pictorially depict the internal working model of OpenVAS (e.g. client-server communication) and its database schema etc.

Thanks in advance for help.

With Regards

-Jan