[Openvas-discuss] Migrating from 2.x

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Thu Aug 4 23:34:32 CEST 2011

Hello, all.  I've been away from OpenVAS for a while and it looks like
it's about time I gave it some attention as we are still running 2.x.
We have a highly automated setup (which is one reason why we've not
touched it) where we carefully crafted configuration files based upon
the 2.x syntax and run various scripts invoking the various
configuration files.  We also make extensive use of the knowledgebase
history.

Looks like we should be about upgrading to version 4.  I've checked the
web site, done a bit of Internet research, and combed through the
announce archives back through March 2010, and read the source README
and INSTALL files but I don't see a great deal about upgrading.  We
normally install from source.

Any pointers or links to documentation about upgrading from 2.x to 4.x
and particularly about preserving our data and scripts? Thanks - John