[Openvas-discuss] Openvas Login Error

AL Rosser rossera at msn.com
Thu Aug 11 16:32:55 CEST 2011

Hello,

I have Fedora Core 14 running on a workstation using it to scan my internal
network for security vulnerabilities. I'm new to using Openvas and last last
week I ran the Openvas-nvt-sync command from the command line. It downloaded
a lot of updates and then I rebooted. After the reboot I tried to login in
to Greenbone using the gsd command and I get this error:"*Error connecting
to the manager. Please check server address and port"*. I verified that the
openvas-manager service was running and the ip address is 127.0.0.1, which
is the local box. Also the port being used is 9390. Note that logging in to
Greenbone worked before I did the openvas-nvt-sync update. Any help would be
great. Thank you.