[Openvas-discuss] Disabling synscan

Vincent Maury maurybond at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 20:05:27 CEST 2011

Hi,

I'm using the latest version of OpenVAS (on Ubuntu 11.04) and I'm
looking for a way to disable/bypass ping and synscan (synscan.nasl).

Indeed, the synscan plugin takes around 5 minutes to scan a single web
server with only ports 80 and 443 open (ping is filtered on this target).
Besides, I start OpenVAS after scanning the ports of my target with
another tool, so I pass the list of ports I already scanned to OpenVAS
and I don't want OpenVAS to redo the scan.
How can I do?

Note: I don't want to use nmap!

Thank you very much in advance for your help,
Regards,

Vincent