[Openvas-discuss] setup problem

Peter Collins pcollins at monexa.com
Thu Aug 11 20:01:56 CEST 2011

Hi, I'm running the check setup util and getting problems. The log is below.
Can anyone tell me what is wrong? I've done the two things you're supposed
to do, updating nvt and the openvasmd -rebuild, several times. Thanks very
much.

openvas-check-setup 2.0.6
  Mode:  desktop
  Date:  Thu, 11 Aug 2011 10:46:01 -0700

Checking for old OpenVAS Scanner <= 2.0 ...
/pentest/miscellaneous/openvas/openvas-check-setup.sh: line 89: openvasd:
command not found

Checking presence of OpenVAS Scanner ...
OpenVAS Scanner 3.2.3
Nessus origin: (C) 2004 Renaud Deraison <deraison at nessus.org>
Most new code since OpenVAS: (C) 2011 Greenbone Networks GmbH
License GPLv2: GNU GPL version 2

Checking OpenVAS Scanner version ...

        OK: OpenVAS Scanner is present in version 3.2.3.
plugins_folder = /usr/local/var/lib/openvas/plugins
cache_folder = /usr/local/var/cache/openvas
include_folders = /usr/local/var/lib/openvas/plugins
max_hosts = 30
max_checks = 10
be_nice = no
logfile = /usr/local/var/log/openvas/openvassd.messages
log_whole_attack = no
log_plugins_name_at_load = no
dumpfile = /usr/local/var/log/openvas/openvassd.dump
rules = /usr/local/share/openvas/openvassd.rules
cgi_path = /cgi-bin:/scripts
port_range = default
optimize_test = yes
checks_read_timeout = 5
non_simult_ports = 139, 445
plugins_timeout = 320
safe_checks = yes
auto_enable_dependencies = yes
silent_dependencies = no
use_mac_addr = no
save_knowledge_base = no
kb_restore = no
only_test_hosts_whose_kb_we_dont_have = no
only_test_hosts_whose_kb_we_have = no
kb_dont_replay_scanners = no
kb_dont_replay_info_gathering = no
kb_dont_replay_attacks = no
kb_dont_replay_denials = no
kb_max_age = 864000
slice_network_addresses = no
nasl_no_signature_check = yes
drop_privileges = no
unscanned_closed = yes
vhosts =
vhosts_ip =
cert_file = /usr/local/var/lib/openvas/CA/servercert.pem
key_file = /usr/local/var/lib/openvas/private/CA/serverkey.pem
ca_file = /usr/local/var/lib/openvas/CA/cacert.pem
config_file = /usr/local/etc/openvas/openvassd.conf
Checking OpenVAS Scanner CA cert ...

        OK: OpenVAS Scanner CA Certificate is present as
/usr/local/var/lib/openvas/CA/cacert.pem.
Checking NVT collection ...

        OK: NVT collection in /usr/local/var/lib/openvas/plugins contains
22112 NVTs.
Checking presence of OpenVAS Manager ...
OpenVAS Manager 2.0.4
Manager DB revision 41
Copyright (C) 2010 Greenbone Networks GmbH

        OK: OpenVAS Manager is present in version 2.0.4.
Checking OpenVAS Manager client certificate ...

        OK: OpenVAS Manager client certificate is present as
/usr/local/var/lib/openvas/CA/clientcert.pem.
Checking OpenVAS Manager database ...

        OK: OpenVAS Manager database found in
/usr/local/var/lib/openvas/mgr/tasks.db.
Checking access rights of OpenVAS Manager database ...

        OK: Access rights for the OpenVAS Manager database are correct.
Checking sqlite3 presence ...
        OK: sqlite3 found, extended checks of the OpenVAS Manager
installation enabled.

Checking OpenVAS Manager database revision ...
        OK: OpenVAS Manager database is at revision 41.
Checking database revision expected by OpenVAS Manager ...
        OK: OpenVAS Manager expects database at revision 41.
        OK: Database schema is up to date.
Checking OpenVAS Manager database (NVT data) ...
        ERROR: The number of NVTs in the OpenVAS Manager database is too
low.
        FIX: Make sure OpenVAS Scanner is running with an up-to-date NVT
collection and run 'openvasmd --rebuild'.

--

**

*Peter Collins | Manager, Network Operations | Monexa Solutions Inc.*

*O. 604.630.5698 | f. 604.630.5652
e. pcollins at monexa.com*

* *

*[image: Description: www.monexa.com] <http://www.monexa.com/>
www.monexa.com - Game-Changing Billing Now Possible. Cha-Ching

Formerly:
[image: Description: IP Applications]
This electronic mail transmission contains confidential information intended
only for the named person(s). Any use, distribution, copying or disclosure
by any other person is strictly prohibited. If you received this
transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately so that we may
correct our internal records. Please then delete the original message.*