[Openvas-discuss] OpenVAS scanner, manager, administrator

Zaki Akhmad zakiakhmad at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 09:58:38 CET 2011

On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 2:39 PM, Jan-Oliver Wagner
<Jan-Oliver.Wagner at greenbone.net> wrote:

> Hello Zaki,
>
> thank you very much reporting the problem
> with openvas-check-setup.
> This helps us to improve the script!
>
> On Mittwoch, 5. Januar 2011, Zaki Akhmad wrote:
>> Step 1: Checking OpenVAS Scanner ...
>> ./openvas-check-setup.sh: 61: [[: not found
>
> as Felix pointed out we need bash. I updated the script.
> Please retry and let us know whether the output is much cleaner.
>
> Then we should better see the actual problem.

I'm happy to help :-)

I've download the openvas-check-setup.sh 0.1.1 version
and here's the result:

openvas-check-setup 0.1.1
  Test completeness and readiness of OpenVAS 4

  Please report us any non-detected problems and
  help us to improve this check routine:

  Send us the log-file (/tmp/openvas-check-setup.log) to help
analyzing the problem

Step 1: Checking OpenVAS Scanner ...
        OK: Scanner is present in version 3.2.0.rc1.
        OK: Scanner CA Certificate is present as
/usr/local/var/lib/openvas/CA/cacert.pem.
Step 2: Checking OpenVAS Manager ...
        ERROR: No Manager (openvasmd) found.
        FIX: Please install Manager.

--