[Openvas-discuss] openvas and gsa taking a long time to complete a scan

Ocotillo Lechuga ocotillo.lech at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 17:37:35 CET 2011

Hello Everyone,

I have the following installation running on a Debian box:

Libraries 4.0.3
Scanner 3.2.2
Manager 2.0.2
Administration 1.1.1
GSA 2.0.1

The problem is, when I run a "Full and fast" scan on the default ports on
multiple targets (on five of them to be exact) it takes a very long time
(seven hours) to finish the scan on only one of the computers.  The logs
openvassd.messages, openvasad.log, openvasmd.log, and /var/log/syslog do not
show any errors or related information to this problem.

I sometimes need to pause the test, and resume it to get it running again.
The after a while I get the following entries in the openvassd.messages:

[Thu Mar  3 22:21:39 2011][13974] Resuming the whole test (requested by
client)
[Thu Mar  3 22:34:28 2011][13988] Finished testing 192.168.1.3 Time :
25545.82 secs

Could anyone please provide me with any information on how to debug this
problem?  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,