[Openvas-discuss] OpenVAS 4 Administrator?

Matthew Coene mcoene at Bacardi.com
Thu Mar 17 14:39:10 CET 2011

Hello everyone,

Thought I had it once before, but seemingly I am getting it wrong...

Built a new clean server for OpenVAS4...   I can log into GSAD fine with
users that existed/created in OpenVAS, however those users don't seem to
have Admin privs in GSAD...

Taking a look at the syntax for openvasad --help and the man pages, it
isn't entirely clear what the 'modify user' syntax is...

Does the -c command have to be specified along with the
--enable-modify-settings?

Trying this

openvasad --enable-modify-settings -c modify_user  -u xxxxxxx -r Admin

Tried various likely modify user type commands and get the ADT: Invalid
Command...

Cheers,

Matthew Coene