[Openvas-discuss] Updated to 4.0, Now Issues

Dan The Man blammy8 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 17 22:05:22 CET 2011

I'm running CentOS 5.5 (also having this issue on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux)
and updated my OpenVAS 4 beta to 4.0 release today using yum update command.

When I log into gsad, an open terminal says, "Failed to send data: Resource
temporarily unavailable". If I cat /var/log/openvas/openvasad.log I see:

lib  auth:WARNING:2011-03-17 15h27.46 CDT:3791: Authentication configuration
could not be loaded.

and

file /builddir/build/BUILD/openvas-administrator-1.1.1/src/admin.c: line 921
(openvas_get_sync_script_description): assertion failed: (*description)

I did a openvasmd --rebuild with no fix.

I have sqlite3 in /opt/sqlite and am using the  export
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/sqlite/lib in the openvasad startup script.

Any ideas what may be wrong? I sure appreciate the help.

-Dan