[Openvas-discuss] Web Service Implementation for OpenVAS!

Matthew Mundell matthew.mundell at greenbone.net
Wed Mar 23 06:58:40 CET 2011

> Since am new to OpenVAS; wanted to give it a try, though have been using
> Nessus for more than a year now.

OpenVAS 4.0 was recently released.  I recommend installing all components
and trying the web and desktop interfaces (GSA and GSD) to see the
direction OpenVAS has taken.  Packages available at

	http://www.openvas.org/install-packages.html

> I have scenario to simulate a web service based implementation of OpenVAS,

There is info about the OpenVAS architecture at

	http://www.openvas.org/about-software.html

In particular in the middle diagram the management protocol OMP might
interest you.  It is designed with web services in mind.  You can access
the protocol directly from the Manager server component.  You can also use
the "omp" command in the openvas-cli module.