[Openvas-discuss] Installation Manual for OpenVAS!

Jan Muhammad janmuhd at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 23 20:55:09 CET 2011

Hi Group,

Since am new to OpenVAS, and wondering where to start from; as of an earlier post I have downloaded all packages for my Fedora Core 13 system. Have unzipped/untarred the 7 packages (gsd, greenbone-security-assistant, openvas-administrator, openvas-cli, openvas-libraries, openvas-manager and openvas-scanner). I am aware that OpenVAS has 3 clients with server, manager, administrator and libraries modules.
Google search for installation guide such as this:

http://www.susegeek.com/security/openvas-opensource-vulnerability-assessment-scanner/

Gives me some information;

But wondering where can I get complete 'Installation Manual' or step-by-step guide' on how to configure and test my OpenVAS installation?

Is the "Openvas-compendium" on (http://www.openvas.org/about-software.html) is the EXACT manual am looking for?
Am not sure either to follow this Compendium or the link such as the link on susegeek would be helpful?

Thanks in advance for help!

Best Regards
-Jan Muhammad