[Openvas-discuss] How to Install OpenVAS Server, libraries and other components on Fedora Core 13?

Matthew Mundell matthew.mundell at greenbone.net
Fri Mar 25 06:30:38 CET 2011

> I have been trying to install & configure BUNCH of OpenVAS packages,
> without any success or clue on how to go with configuring them and in
> what sequence. Have downloaded and unzipped all the 7 component packages.
> The individual package directories don't have executable Install or
> Configure files (sorry for my ignorance!); although have been using the
> straight-forward installation/configuration of Nessus!

It's much easier to install from binary packages than from source.  There
are Fedora packages listed at

	http://www.openvas.org/install-packages.html

with install instructions further down the page

	http://www.openvas.org/install-packages.html#openvas4_fedora_atomic

> Have already posted a request for any Installation Manual for OpenVAS,
> but couldn't got any reply on that.

Michael Wiegand replied, but only to the list.  Did you see his email?

	http://lists.wald.intevation.org/pipermail/openvas-discuss/2011-March/002734.html

Basically, read the INSTALL and README files in each of the component
archives that you downloaded.