[Openvas-discuss] How to Install OpenVAS Server, libraries and other components on Fedora Core 13?

Zaki Akhmad za132 at students.itb.ac.id
Fri Mar 25 07:43:51 CET 2011

Hello Jan,

thanks for posting your difficulties. That's fine ;-)

The first one you should install is the openvas-libraries. After that, you should install the openvas-scanner.

So,
1. openvas-libraries
2. openvas-scanner

Each package has dependencies. If you use Fedora, I think the command would be:
# yum install $dependencyName

Example uuid dependency
# yum install uuid

I think it's enough for now. If you had succeed with these two packages installation, run the openvas-check-setup.sh script again, and post the result here.

I'll try to help with the next step later.

-za,