[Openvas-discuss] How to Install OpenVAS Administrator on Fedora Core 13?

Jan Muhammad janmuhd at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 28 23:51:21 CEST 2011

Hi Group,
As per my earlier communication on OpeVAS installation; and a follow-up reply and suggestion from Matthew, this time I have tried to install from binary packages (yet to figure our where Yum has kept OpenVAS scanner, clients etc). I can say am partially successful, as I can access Scanner from my browser at https://localhost:9392
But still have some issues:-

After running
 # ./openvas-check-setup

I get the following output:
openvas-check-setup 2.0.2
  Test completeness and readiness of OpenVAS-4

  Please report us any non-detected problems and
  help us to improve this check routine:

  Send us the log-file (/tmp/openvas-check-setup.log) to help analyze the problem.

  Use the parameter --server to skip checks for client tools
  like GSD and OpenVAS-CLI.

Step 1: Checking OpenVAS Scanner ...
        OK: OpenVAS Scanner is present in version 3.2.2.
        OK: OpenVAS Scanner CA Certificate is present as /var/lib/openvas/CA/cacert.pem.
        OK: NVT collection in /var/lib/openvas/plugins contains 14 NVTs.
Step 2: Checking OpenVAS Manager ...
        OK: OpenVAS Manager is present in version 2.0.2.

Step 3: Checking OpenVAS Administrator ...
        ERROR: No OpenVAS Administrator (openvasad) found.
        FIX: Please install OpenVAS Administrator.

 ERROR: Your OpenVAS-4 installation is not yet complete!

Now I searching through list archives to figure out on how to configure OpenVAS Administrator? Can any one share their experience on:

1. how to configure OpenVAS Administrator?

2. Where Yum by default (installs from Binaries) and puts the Scanner, Admin, Clients and other components on Fedora Core (x86_64) OS?

Best Regards