[Openvas-discuss] How to Install OpenVAS Administrator on Fedora Core 13?

Jan Muhammad janmuhd at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 28 23:51:21 CEST 2011

Hi Group,
As per my earlier communication on OpeVAS installation; and a follow-up reply and suggestion from Matthew, this time I have tried to install from binary packages (yet to figure our where Yum has kept OpenVAS scanner, clients etc). I can say am partially successful, as I can access Scanner from my browser at https://localhost:9392
But still have some issues:-

After running
 # ./openvas-check-setup

I get the following output:

  Send us the log-file (/tmp/openvas-check-setup.log) to help analyze the problem.

  Use the parameter --server to skip checks for client tools
  like GSD and OpenVAS-CLI.

Step 1: Checking OpenVAS Scanner ...
        OK: OpenVAS Scanner is present in version 3.2.2.
        OK: OpenVAS Scanner CA Certificate is present as /var/lib/openvas/CA/cacert.pem.
        OK: NVT collection in /var/lib/openvas/plugins contains 14 NVTs.
Step 2: Checking OpenVAS Manager ...
        OK: OpenVAS Manager is present in version 2.0.2.

Step 3: Checking OpenVAS Administrator ...
        ERROR: No OpenVAS Administrator (openvasad) found.
        FIX: Please install OpenVAS Administrator.

 ERROR: Your OpenVAS-4 installation is not yet complete!

1. how to configure OpenVAS Administrator?

2. Where Yum by default (installs from Binaries) and puts the Scanner, Admin, Clients and other components on Fedora Core (x86_64) OS?

Best Regards

-Jan