[Openvas-discuss] openvas cpu consuming ?

Matthew Mundell matthew.mundell at greenbone.net
Wed Nov 16 20:06:45 CET 2011

> Even when I have set in openvasd.conf max.hosts on 1 and max_checks on 1, I
> have numerous openvassd request. But what is bothering me most, is that it
> is openvasmd who swallows 100 % cpu:

Hmm, I wonder what is going on.  There are a lot of openvassd processes in
that list.  With max_hosts and max_checks 1 I would expect only a few.
Where did you set these prefs?  Perhaps try set them in GSA.

> I also have a question on usage. Is it possible when I do a scan initatted
> by the greenbone-desktop-client  to see the results on the server, to let
> the server integrate the results of the desktop-scan.

If I understand your question right, that's what it already does.  All
results are stored on the server by OpenVAS Manager.  The clients are just
front ends to the Manager.  So you can access the same scan and results
from both the desktop client and the web client, even at the same time.