[Openvas-discuss] Doc or greenbone security assistant? Where can I select ports?

Matthew Mundell matthew.mundell at greenbone.net
Fri Nov 18 17:34:38 CET 2011

> Is there a docu about the greenbone sec. ass.? Some options are quite
> hidden.

There is some documentation inside the GSA.  Click on the question mark
icons or use Help in the menu.

There are also some usage examples in the Learning Center on
http://www.greenbone.net/ .

> Where can I select the ports which should be scanned?

On newer versions the port range is part of the target, so select port
range on the New Target page in GSA.

> Is there a new openvas-client, which can be used?

The new clients are GSA, GSD and omp (a CLI).  These talk to Manager and
support the new features.  The old openvas-client will still work with
Scanner as before, but pretty much all work on this client stopped some
time ago.