[Openvas-discuss] OpenVAS4 issue with om user

--[ UxBoD ]-- uxbod at splatnix.net
Tue Nov 29 19:09:08 CET 2011

Hello,

I have configured a new install of OpenVAS4 to use our own issue certificates by placing them in /etc/pki/tls, as per all our other installations, and then when building OpenVAS I set in CMakeLists.txt :

set (OPENVAS_SCANNER_CERTIFICATE "/etc/pki/tls/certs/scanner01c_server.pem")
set (OPENVAS_SCANNER_KEY "/etc/pki/tls/private/scanner01k_server.pem")
set (OPENVAS_CLIENT_CERTIFICATE "/etc/pki/tls/certs/scanner01c_user.pem")
set (OPENVAS_CLIENT_KEY "/etc/pki/tls/private/scanner01k_user.pem")
set (OPENVAS_CA_CERTIFICATE "/etc/pki/CA/certs/OurCA.pem")

This was done for each of the packages. When I connect to the GSA that works absolutely fine and presents the correct certificate; though when I try and launch a task it stops straight away with a message in openvassd.messages saying "[Tue Nov 29 13:00:47 2011][2227] bad login attempt from 127.0.0.1".

Is this because we need to create the user certificate with a DN of 'om' for the internal communication to work ?

--
Thanks, Phil