[Openvas-discuss] 100% CPU usage in official version of openvas from the repositories (Ubuntu 11.10)

Biltong biltong at fastmail.fm
Wed Nov 30 22:26:44 CET 2011

On Wednesday, November 30, 2011 5:24 PM, "Matthew Mundell"
<matthew.mundell at greenbone.net> wrote:
> > The list archives mention compiling from source and microhttpd, but I
> > don't think this is the same problem - this is clean install using the
> > openvas provided packages, so they're known to work.
>
> The sounds very much like the same problem.  Worth a try anyway.
>
> 	http://lists.wald.intevation.org/pipermail/openvas-discuss/2011-November/003613.html

Yes I saw this - except my problem is slightly different.

I am using the official OpenVAS+gsa from the official repositories, on a
supported operating system.

So either it's broken for everyone (and the repo needs to be
fixed/removed) - which is unlikely, or something else is going on...