[Openvas-discuss] OpenVAS Documentation Project

pootzko pootzko at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 13:18:57 CEST 2011

I don't have extensive mediawiki administration experience, but I do with
some other cms (joomla, wp, phpbb) and I wanted to learn mediawiki for some
time now. I also have some web programming (php, js) experience. So if
that's ok with you, I would like to be a part of OpenVAS wiki team.

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 1:09 PM, Geoff Galitz <geoff at galitz.org> wrote:

> >> Is it considered proprietary?  The source is available,  though you need
> >> be a customer.
> >
> > From what I can tell, all they offer is a zero-cost usage licence to
> > projects that qualify.  In Free Software terms this is still very much
> > proprietary.  Surely we should support projects that allow reuse, like
> > OpenVAS does.
> >
> >> It sounds like people do want MediaWiki, but my experiences with it as
> >> something that can produce a compendium like we what we already offer
> are
> >> poor.  Looking for other wikis with full PDF generation has turned up
> >> very
> >> little that actually works well and without a lot of time spent on it.
> >
> > The PDFs on Wikibooks look OK, for what it's worth.
> >
> > --
>
> Okie dokey.   WikiMedia it is.    Volunteers for administration of the
> wiki?
>
> -Geoff

Kit Tihomir
http://www.cmikavac.net/