[Openvas-discuss] OpenVas scan job does not run

Andre van Dalen avdalen at cordys.com
Thu Sep 8 11:19:12 CEST 2011

I am pretty new to OpenVas, running it approx. 1 month now.

Last Monday my CentOS 5.6 Final did install 3 updates (2 related to
OpenhVas). After that I ran into problems:
- gsad does not start at boot (I can fix this, just to list all symptoms).
- gsad did crash after few second (this seems to be fixed with the
workaround to turn off logging - see thread gsad terminates when running
scan (May 12, 13).

But still actual is that all my scan jobs try to start, but they stop
immediately (tested via gsad, cli and gsd from a windows box). UI shows all
tasks, I can click around and create new targets, etc. After starting the
task, it stops in a few seconds showing Status: Stopped at 1%.

System summary:
- CentOS 5.6 Final
- OpenVAS Scanner 3.2.4.
- OpenVAS Manager 2.0.4.