[Openvas-discuss] gsad won't start - MHD HTTPS problem

Michael Wiegand michael.wiegand at greenbone.net
Mon Sep 19 08:25:05 CEST 2011

* Steve Fluegel [18. Sep 2011]:
>    I’m trying to install openvas 4 on Centos 5 (32-bit). Everything seems to
>    go fine, but the gsad service won’t start. It gives this message:
>

>    Starting greenbone-security-assistant: MHD HTTPS option 8 passed to MHD
>    compiled without HTTPS support

Apparently your distribution does not ship libmicrohttpd with HTTPS
support. If you want to use HTTPS, you can ask the maintainer of the
libmicrohttpd you are using for a version which supports it or build
libmicrohttpd yourself.

If you don't need HTTPS right now, you can launch gsad with the
"--http-only" parameter to use HTTP instead.

Regards,

Michael

--
Michael Wiegand |  Greenbone Networks GmbH  |  http://www.greenbone.net/
Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabrück, Germany | AG Osnabrück, HR B 202460