[Openvas-discuss] Wanted: Reports of specific distro versions where OpenVAS installs easily ...

Marek Wichtowski mrq at mruk.net
Mon Aug 6 21:49:16 CEST 2012

> So I'd most welcome any first-hand reports from those who've found
> the
> winning combination of distro and OpenVAS installation method saying
>
> 1. Distro and version used
> 2. Installation method used (packages or source)
> 3. Recipe followed (if any)
> 4. Special steps taken beyond recipe (if any)

Hello Whit!

I am successfully running openvas with GSAD for a couple of years on
Gentoo. Every time compiling from source (emerge handles everything, so
it should not be a problem even if you are unfamiliar with gentoo). On
my last update I had to downgrade gnutls to version 2.10.4, because of
problems with newer versions of gnutls.

--
Best regards,
Marek Wichtowski