[Openvas-discuss] Wanted: Reports of specific distro versions where OpenVAS installs easily ...

Whit Blauvelt whit at transpect.com
Mon Aug 6 22:48:53 CEST 2012

On Mon, Aug 06, 2012 at 04:12:30PM -0400, bb.boogie wrote:
> This tutorial for openvas on backtrack 5 works like a champ every time we bring
> up a new pentest host, by ax0n:
>
> http://www.h-i-r.net/2011/08/installing-openvas-on-backtrack-5.html

Thank you much! I'll try that soon. Looks cleaner than the instructions on
BackTrack's site, which somehow led me to trouble.

Has your success been with the 64-bit or 32-bit BackTrack? KDE or Gnome
(shouldn't matter to run the web version, I know ... unless some library
conflict is dragged in)? Any reason to use an earlier version than BackTrack
5 r 2? My not-successful try was with BackTrack 5 r 2, 32-bit, KDE - but it
may well have been the different instructions or my making some mistake
rather than version stuff that got me stuck.

Whit