[Openvas-discuss] GSA broken when it comes to editing scan config files - what's the best way around that?

Matthew Mundell matthew.mundell at greenbone.net
Wed Aug 8 20:37:34 CEST 2012

> The GSA help section says to edit scan configs by choosing the wrench icon.
> Those are all greyed out. It says "A scan config can be edited if it's not
> currently used by a task." But only one has ever been on this system.
> They're all greyed out. Is this a bug, or the lack of a feature?

It's a feature.  If the config is in use, then editing is prohibited.  This
keeps the reports comparable.  You have to make a new config if you want to
edit it.

Just to be clear that you correctly understand the reports: have you
figured out the filtering on the "Report Summary" page in the GSA?  The
open ports will all be hidden in the report until you enable the "Log"
threat level.

If nmap is on your path OpenVAS should find it.  I think you'll get a
message in the report otherwise.  Any version of nmap should handle the
port scan part of the scan just fine.