[Openvas-discuss] Not scanning machines which don't respond to pings

Oliver Marshall oliver.marshall at g2support.com
Fri Aug 10 17:49:19 CEST 2012

We doing some tests with openvas and it appears to skip over machines which
don't respond to pings, regardless of whether there are open ports on those
machines.

Is that right?

Is there a way to change this settings? We're using the Full and Very Deep
profile.

Olly

--
Network Support
Online Backups

Tel: 0845 307 3443
Web: http://www.g2support.com
Twitter: g2support <http://twitter.com/home?status=@g2support>
Google+: http://www.g2support.com/plus
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/g2support
Mail: Unit H, Hove Technology Centre, Hove, Sussex, BN3 7ES

Have you said something nice about us to a friend or colleague ? Let us say
thanks. Find out more at www.g2support.com/referral

G2 Support LLP is registered at Mill House, 103 Holmes Avenue, HOVE
BN3 7LE. Our registered company number is OC316341.