[Openvas-discuss] Showing hostname in reports

Oliver Marshall oliver.marshall at g2support.com
Mon Aug 13 09:10:20 CEST 2012

Is it possible to get the hostname shown in reports as well as the IP
address of the target machine?

When doing subnet scans we've found that the scan often takes longer than
the DHCP lease and as a result the IP addresses in use at the end of the
report aren't always the same as those in place at the start.

Showing the hostname would, lets face it, make it a lot easier to refer to
the target machines when trying to resolve the issues.

Olly

--
Network Support
Online Backups

Tel: 0845 307 3443
Web: http://www.g2support.com
Twitter: g2support <http://twitter.com/home?status=@g2support>
Google+: http://www.g2support.com/plus
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/g2support
Mail: Unit H, Hove Technology Centre, Hove, Sussex, BN3 7ES

Have you said something nice about us to a friend or colleague ? Let us say
thanks. Find out more at www.g2support.com/referral

G2 Support LLP is registered at Mill House, 103 Holmes Avenue, HOVE
BN3 7LE. Our registered company number is OC316341.