[Openvas-discuss] Scan duration of scheduled task doesn't work (OpenVAS 4 and 5)

Clément BEAUFILS cbeaufils at netstaff.fr
Tue Aug 21 17:18:46 CEST 2012

Hi

I'm trying to use the schedule feature in OpenVAS for a few days now.
The scan does starts at the scheduled time but even if a maximum
duration is specified (usually 1 hour) the scan doesn't stop and keeps
scanning.

I tried with two different installations (as virtual machines):
- OpenVAS 4 on Gentoo 4.4.4-r2 (Linux 2.6.36)
- OpenVAS 5 on Debian 4.3.5-4 (2.6.32) OpenVAS-5 DEMO Virtual Appliance
provided by OpenVAS.com
Got the same issue on both.

Any help would be appreciated.

Clément BEAUFILS