[Openvas-discuss] OpenVAS tested against Nessus and Nexpose

peter@hackertarget.com hackertarget.admin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 14:44:34 CEST 2012

Hi List,

I have published the results of a test I performed with OpenVAS,
Nessus and Nexpose against the Metasploitable virtual machine.

Metasploitable is a test machine made by Rapid7 with many security
vulnerabilities present.

The full details and analysis are at the URI below.

http://hackertarget.com/nessus-openvas-nexpose-vs-metasploitable/

I am happy to report that OpenVAS performed quite well, finding a
number of issues that the commercial scanners did not. However at the
same time all three scanners were far from perfect.  :)

Regards,

Peter