[Openvas-discuss] Problems with openvas-manager not returning reports data

Ryan Schulze security at dopefish.de
Tue Aug 28 05:23:07 CEST 2012

Answering my own mail in case anybody else runs into the same problem.

A bit of digging in the manager sourcecode pointed me in the right
direction :-)
The umask of my root user was 0077 when I compiled and installed
OpenVAS, that led to the "nobody" user not being able to access
/share/openvas/openvasmd/global_report_formats/ (I saw in the logs that
the script was being called, but didn't know OpenVAS drops to "nobody"
beforehand)

Changing the umask back to 0022 for the compile & install fixed my
problems.