[Openvas-discuss] Help required to make my OpenVAS running

Rangaraj Gunasekaran rangaraj.gunasekaran at arctern.com
Thu Aug 23 15:14:15 CEST 2012

Hi,

I’m fresher to OpenVAS. I’ve installed OpenVAS 4 in CentOS, did sync NVT
feeds. If I try to scan any IP, it does not shows any detections (There are
few detections in the same IP while we scan with nessus). I’m not sure if
required plugins are missing in OpenVAS – When I click, configuration à NVT
Feed, it throws an error saying, “unable to list available feeds”.

Any idea how to make this work properly. Appreciate if someone helps with
step-by-step checking in all aspects.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Rangaraj