[Openvas-discuss] live CD has no networking

Geoff Galitz geoff at galitz.org
Wed Feb 1 07:37:40 CET 2012

Ifconfig should be installed on the LiveCD, make sure you are calling it with the correct path as “/sbin/ifconfig.”  It may be that there is no driver for your particular ethernet device.  If by “new” you mean released within the past year, this could very well be the cause.

I’d recommend using the OVF in VirtualBox or VMWare rather than the LiveCD in this case.  If Centos 6 supports your laptop and it’s devices then Richard’s advice is good, too.

-Geoff