[Openvas-discuss] Openvas 5 Beta - Manager / Server Handshake

J.D. Phelps jd.phelps at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 18:26:20 CET 2012

Good Morning,

I am having difficulty starting openvasmd.  When I run the command, I
receive a critical error in the openvasmd log file stating the database
needs to be rebuilt or migrated.  However, this step has already been run
successfully.  At the same time, running openvasmd gives me an error in the
openvassd log file that states a failed login was attempted.

Does anyone have any ideas why this would be so and steps I can take to
correct it?  This is on Ubuntu 11.10 64bit.

Thanks,

JD