[Openvas-discuss] Possible misuse on my part?

Max León mleon at wirewatchers.com
Thu Feb 23 23:17:13 CET 2012

Hello,
I finally got OpenVAS up and running, but I have a concern.
I'm evaluating a few different vulnerability scanning tools and even doe I
expected differences on the results, I have to say I'm shocked how much
they differ which leads me to ask if there is any basic user guide.
I feel that the clients are intuitive enough to be able to use successfully
the tool but, the report generated after a "Full and very deep ultimate
scan" of 1 host and the Nessus report of the same host are a world of
differences.

Could it be that I have make a mistake loading the NVT Feed?, I mean there
are 2009 security issues tagged as medium that doesn't even show up on
OpenVAS.
So I figure that I might be misuse on my part.

Can anyone please help me with this?

Thank you very much.

Max