[Openvas-discuss] My NVT-Feed does not get updated :-(

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Jan 2 12:01:29 CET 2012

Am 24.12.2011 10:39, schrieb Reindl Harald:

> Am 24.12.2011 09:56, schrieb Michael Meyer:
>> *** Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:
>>
>>> what is wrong in my setup that the feed does not get refreshed?
>>> not via web-interface nor with "openvas-nvt-sync"
>>
>> The OpenVAS feed is not necessarily updated daily. There can be many
>> reasons why it is not updated. Vacation, illness, ...
>>
>> Daily updates are guaranteed only with the Greenbone Security Feed but
>> you can get all new plugins from SVN.
>
> OK, no problem
> i only was afraid that i messed up something

hmm that they are not guaranteed is clear

but "NVT: HTTP Brute Force Logins with default Credentials" without
the url is a little frustrating and my feed stays at 201112161316
while 2011-12-19 "It's available via svn now. Should be in the feed
tomorow." gave the hope to find ASAP the login-form with status 200
__________________________________

[i] This script synchronizes an NVT collection with the 'OpenVAS NVT Feed'.
[i] The 'OpenVAS NVT Feed' is provided by 'The OpenVAS Project'.
[i] Online information about this feed: 'http://www.openvas.org/openvas-nvt-feed.html'.
[i] NVT dir: /var/lib/openvas/plugins
[i] Will use rsync
[i] Using rsync: /usr/bin/rsync
[i] Configured NVT rsync feed: rsync://feed.openvas.org:/nvt-feed
OpenVAS feed server - http://openvas.org/
This service is hosted by Intevation GmbH - http://intevation.de/
All transactions are logged.
Please report problems to admin at intevation.de

receiving incremental file list

sent 36 bytes  received 833006 bytes  238012.00 bytes/sec
total size is 110784328  speedup is 132.99
[i] Checking dir: ok
[i] Checking MD5 checksum: ok