[Openvas-discuss] openvasmd fails to start: fedora 16 atomic repo, GnuTLS internal error.

Stephen Villano stephen.p.villano at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 06:47:32 CET 2012

One hint is what you posted:
md   main:WARNING:2012-01-09 04h35.12 utc:1353: sql_x:
sqlite3_prepare failed: no such table: meta

The sql tables weren't created, hence the server isn't coming up to listen to any commands.
As I can't recall offhand the procedure for installing the database schema/elements, I suggest reviewing the source documentation on installation "the hard way" by compiling source and installing.

But, if it's any consolation, I put together a CentOs virtual machine a few weeks back and it installed flawlessly.
As CentOs is built upon Redhat, as is Fedora, perhaps some security issues are present or unresolved libs are an issue.
That would become apparent after installing the DB and reviewing any errors as before.