[Openvas-discuss] openvas issue

Jan-Oliver Wagner Jan-Oliver.Wagner at greenbone.net
Mon Jun 4 11:09:08 CEST 2012

On Friday 01 June 2012, Reindl Harald wrote:
> fact is the openvas is the only application making
> troubles on some recent systems and the developers
> seems not to be interested in setup a small F16
> VM to debug this :-(
>
> with F16 openvas4 did run fine, on F16 OpenVAS4 AND OpenVAS5 are dead

it is not a lack of interest, it is lack of resources.

Developers with Fedora background welcome (we don't have any yet)!
Submit your patches to fix the issues!

This being said, I was told the Atomic and OBS packages
do work for FC16. Either they actually don't work or
they do a magic trick (via .spec files).
Or maybe it is something about the hardware architecture or dependent
packages.

However: all sources are there to check/debug/patch ;-)

All the best