[Openvas-discuss] Openvas-manager broke after adding a new schedule

Russell Jones rjones at eggycrew.com
Mon Jun 18 20:29:52 CEST 2012

I added a schedule that was supposed to repeat every 4 weeks using GSA.
After doing so the manager process bombed and I have been unable to
start it again. Attempting to start it up after adding the schedule yields:

[root at scanner ~]# service openvas-manager start
Starting openvas-manager:
                                                            [  OK  ]
[root at scanner ~]# openvasmd:
/builddir/build/BUILD/openvas-manager-3.0.1/src/manage.c:3253:
manage_schedule: Assertion `first <= now' failed.

[root at scanner ~]#
[root at scanner ~]#
[root at scanner ~]# /etc/init.d/openvas-manager start
Starting openvas-manager:
                                                            [  OK  ]
[root at scanner ~]# openvasmd:
/builddir/build/BUILD/openvas-manager-3.0.1/src/manage.c:3253:
manage_schedule: Assertion `first <= now' failed.

[root at scanner ~]#

This is latest openvas available on CentOS 6.2. Any ideas how I can get
my management process back?

Thanks :-)