[Openvas-discuss] Openvas-manager broke after adding a new schedule

Matthew Mundell matthew.mundell at greenbone.net
Mon Jun 18 22:01:18 CEST 2012

> I added a schedule that was supposed to repeat every 4 weeks using GSA.
> After doing so the manager process bombed and I have been unable to
> start it again. Attempting to start it up after adding the schedule yields:

I tried to reproduce but it works OK.  Maybe the assertion is wrong.

> This is latest openvas available on CentOS 6.2. Any ideas how I can get
> my management process back?

You could remove the schedule from the task in the db.  Find the UUID of the task

	sqlite3 var/lib/openvas/tasks.db "select name, uuid from tasks;"

then replace the UUID with it in this command to clear the schedule.

	sqlite3 var/lib/openvas/tasks.db "update tasks set schedule = 0 where uuid = 'UUID';"