[Openvas-discuss] Odd error with obs repo install/config on Ubuntu 12.04

William Scott Lockwood III vladinator at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 17:30:26 CEST 2012

I'm trying to build a new box and add the repositories as described in
http://openvas.org/install-packages.html#obs for a Ubuntu 12.04 x64
server. I just did this yesterday, and it worked fine. I execute:

sudo apt-get -y install python-software-properties
sudo add-apt-repository "deb
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/security:/OpenVAS:/UNSTABLE:/v5/xUbuntu_12.04/
./"
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keys.gnupg.net --recv-keys BED1E87979EAFD54

without errors. However, once I:

sudo apt-get update

I do get an error, specifically "Unable to find expected entry
'Sources' in Release file (Wrong sources.list entry or malformed
file)"

I am able to reproduce this as well if I switch to the ftp5.gwdg.de mirror.

It worked yesterday. As far as I can tell, none of the files in the
mirrors have changed since May.

What am I missing?

--
Regards,