[Openvas-discuss] Backing up configs / scans

William Scott Lockwood III vladinator at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 16:51:35 CEST 2012

I just use rsync. I have in fact cloned my install this way, and it works fine.

Something like:
#!/bin/bash
env SSH_AUTH_SOCK=$SSH_AUTH_SOCK rsync -agoptvvvxzCSP --delete
--progress --stats --rsync-path="/usr/bin/sudo /usr/bin/rsync" /
192.168.1.3:/mnt/

Where addr:/mnt/ is the server and path you're cloneing / backing up too.

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 9:44 AM, Russell Jones <rjones at eggycrew.com> wrote:
> What is the correct method of backing up the openvas server to allow for
> easy restoration of all configs and past scans if needed? I see that
> openvasmd has a backup flag, is this all that is required?
>

> Thanks!

Regards,
W. Scott Lockwood