[Openvas-discuss] Backing up configs / scans

Russell Jones rjones at eggycrew.com
Fri Jun 22 18:14:16 CEST 2012

Thanks! I've scp'd all the paths OpenVAS RPM's install, and it seems
to be working fine, just want to ensure I am not perhaps missing
something in the config setup I would need to be aware of.

On
22.06.2012 09:51, William Scott Lockwood III wrote:

> I just use
rsync. I have in fact cloned my install this way, and it works fine.

> Something like:
> #!/bin/bash
> env SSH_AUTH_SOCK=$SSH_AUTH_SOCK
rsync -agoptvvvxzCSP --delete
> --progress --stats
--rsync-path="/usr/bin/sudo /usr/bin/rsync" /
> 192.168.1.3:/mnt/

Where addr:/mnt/ is the server and path you're cloneing / backing up
too.

<rjones at eggycrew.com> wrote:

>> What is the correct method of backing
up the openvas server to allow for easy restoration of all configs and
past scans if needed? I see that openvasmd has a backup flag, is this
all that is required? Thanks!
[2]

Links:
------