[Openvas-discuss] Vulnerabilities in reports scanned by different OpenVAS instances

Flily Hsu kloseangell at gmail.com
Fri May 11 17:51:49 CEST 2012

Hello,
I have set up a virtual machine running os debian 6 and OpenVAS(lib 4.0.5,
scanner 3.2.4, admin 1.1.1, manager 2.0.4).
I copied this virtual machine(VMware) to several machines, ran and scan a
same target machine, but numbers of vulnerabilities show in report are
different. Some have about 13 vulnerabilities( 2 high, 2 low, 9 log ), some
have more than 70 vulnerabilities, and in fact, the target machine have
more than 70 vulnerabilities. All machines are in our lab's LAN, connected
by some switches, ping can reach every other.

Why there are some OpenVAS instances find vulnerabilities in such little
amount?

Thanks,
Flily Hsu
Department of Computer Science