[Openvas-discuss] Open-VAS scanner issue

sankar.mindtree at daimler.com sankar.mindtree at daimler.com
Wed May 16 15:29:33 CEST 2012

Hi,

I have installed openvas from atomic repo, when I execute the
openvas-cehck-status It is giving the below error message.

openvas-check-setup 2.1.3
  Test completeness and readiness of OpenVAS-4

  Please report us any non-detected problems and
  help us to improve this check routine:

  Send us the log-file (/tmp/openvas-check-setup.log) to help analyze the
problem.

  Use the parameter --server to skip checks for client tools
  like GSD and OpenVAS-CLI.

Step 1: Checking OpenVAS Scanner ...
        ERROR: OpenVAS Scanner too old or too new: 3.3.1
        FIX: Please install OpenVAS Scanner 3.2.

 ERROR: Your OpenVAS-4 installation is not yet complete!

Please follow the instructions marked with FIX above and run this
script again.

If you think this result is wrong, please report your observation
and help us to improve this check routine:
Please attach the log-file (/tmp/openvas-check-setup.log) to help us
analyze the problem.

So I downgraded to openvas-scanner.x86_64 0:3.2.5-1.el6.art.

Now I get this error.

openvassd: error while loading shared libraries: libopenvas_misc.so.4:

openvas-check-setup 2.1.3
  Test completeness and readiness of OpenVAS-4

  Please report us any non-detected problems and
  help us to improve this check routine:

  Send us the log-file (/tmp/openvas-check-setup.log) to help analyze the
problem.

  Use the parameter --server to skip checks for client tools
  like GSD and OpenVAS-CLI.

Step 1: Checking OpenVAS Scanner ...
        ERROR: No OpenVAS Scanner (openvassd) found.
        FIX: Please install OpenVAS Scanner.

 ERROR: Your OpenVAS-4 installation is not yet complete!

Please follow the instructions marked with FIX above and run this
script again.

If you think this result is wrong, please report your observation
and help us to improve this check routine:
Please attach the log-file (/tmp/openvas-check-setup.log) to help us
analyze the problem.

Now I am unable to use this. Kindly suggest a solution.

Thanks in advance!!

Navaneethasankar K

If you are not the intended addressee, please inform us immediately that you have received this e-mail in error, and delete it. We thank you for your cooperation.